Monday, September 22, 2014

Burned By Valarie Plame

I'm one to read a lot of fantasy books so perhaps that's a reason why I just wasn't all for this. I was bored throughout the entirety of the book, it was all just so much talk and near to no action. I LOVE action! I mean that's the reason I decided to even read this. I was trudging my way through the entirety of the book, forcing myself to finish so that I could review it fully and perhaps incase something exciting did go down! The characters were nothing really special, I couldn't relate to any of them, I doubt anyone who was reading it could. The main character wasn't all that epic in my opinion, I didn't feel like she did much or enough, but that might just be me.


There was diversity amongst the characters which I liked, but I feel like they didn't embody all that much of their own cultures which I'd have liked a lot more. What really really irked me was that the 'villains' (the terrorist group) in the book were 'Muslim.' That got me really annoyed, almost to the point I stopped reading. I understand that there's a lot of horrendous things going on in the world, but to consider the villains in the book 'Muslim' isn't right because their not. That's not what Islam is. Their just calling themselves 'Muslim' and expecting that their actions are in the name of God. What kind of God would appreciate or accept such terrible wrongdoings. I would hope no God would! One or two of the characters were supposedly Muslim so I mean are they terrorists too or something? Uh no, so simply consider the terrorist group extremist and be done.


I honestly wish this book had been thrilling considering it was considered a thriller and there was absolutely no point in this book where I was even near thrilled. I wish there had been action, I really hoped for it, perhaps then my opinion may have been different.


(Firesword3000) Noob Number 1 

No comments:

Post a Comment