Saturday, October 18, 2014

Dark Triumph By Robin LeFevers

Okay, so I think I've got more to say about book one now that I've read Dark Triumph. I actually appreciate Grave Mercy a lot more now. And see that's the thing I love about books and what is ideal for sequels and what every reader hopes for when they read a sequel, that when it connects to the first book, it truly does connect.


I was pretty much bored throughout reading this to say the least, but certain points in the book I did pay attention, perhaps like the last 200 pages I was intently reading as for the beginning it was a bit of a drag.


What I really loved was the Miss. LeFevers brought Sybella's past into this book and really exposed her vulnerable side in ways that made everything just fall together!


I hate spoilers, I don't want to spoil anything, but now I see as a blogger, DANG it's HARD to keep spoilers out of reviews! So I won't spoil it, but I just want to say there's a romance which is like no other I have ever seen before! And it's excellent! Uh no not the brother-sister romance that's wrong, just when you read, you'll know! :D


You really see the strength of Ismae and Sybella's relationship in this which I think is really awesome! Considering how Sybella was introduced first in the book one, maniacal and insane, I suppose considering where she lays now, it makes sense. Together they've really grown as people and they've got that friendship and care for each other all there. I'd love to see more of it, for them to perhaps fight alongside one another o,r now that they both question the convent, do something together.


D'Albret from the first book is predominant in this, this is not a spoiler I assure you, Sybella is a D'Albret. You've got the self conflict of 'am I a daughter of Mortain or D'Albret' going on a lot in Sybella's mind especially as there's a bit of incest going on....


D'Albret's are hardcore messed up and you really really see into the deeper, darker side of the family that wasn't shown in Grave Mercy. This book is, yeah well title says it, dark, at least darker from the first book.


There were a couple of interesting revelations revealed all the way at the conclusion of the book which I really admired the author for bringing about so well. Earlier on in the book bits and pieces of Sybella's conscience are brought into it, but it's all clarified at the end of what the whole picture of those segments are as a whole.


Sybella as a character you can see her progression and a bit of a change in her by the end of the book, which is always great because as human beings so much as one occurrence can completely change our outlook on everything!


Though personally I wouldn't recommend this, I know people would enjoy this series and I do offer you to try it out!
Oh yeah now on to Mortal Heart! Stay tuned for that review! It'll be coming out soon hopefully! :)


Firesword3000 (Noob Number 1)

No comments:

Post a Comment