Tuesday, October 21, 2014

Mortal Heart By Robin LeFevers

So the day I received this arc, I nearly died. I jumped found likes magic bean, screamed, all that good stuff! So to finally share this with you is a pleasure!

Also, note this review took so long because I had to read the first two books first, I mean DUHHH

I have a few critics I'd like to share specifically, but before that. I absolutely LOVED the idea of the hellequins, I thought it was refresing and epic and oh so cool! They reminded me of in the Lord of The Rings, those creepy dead dudes that ride the dead horses--wow I need to get on finding the correct terms for those guys, I'm doing them no justice!--I do hope you guys know who I am referring to. In this series they were like lost souls trying to regain their honor by riding with other guys who shared regret. Bottom line, so cool!

 I adored it, however when Annith became mingled up with them I felt everything moved too fast! One second, she met them and the next she was falling over Balthazaar. He was one of the hellequins, seemingly the leader. I was like....ookay? I think in this book the pacing was a bit off. Ms. LeFevers moved to slowly in the beginning with the convent then far too quickly with the hellequins and the Arduinnite girls which you meet shortly after.

The revelations in this book I think will surely quench readers and fans thirsts for what we've all been wondering since Ismae first questioned the convent. I personally cannot say I liked Annith considering the thoughts that crossed her mind after learning a few things regarding herself, she differs greatly from her two friends Sybella and Ismae which is shown in this case, however I didn't find her to be as likeable as the two of them. This is what I like about Ms. LeFevers, that woman has got some cool revelations up her sleeves that she just dishes out and they are so creative, man you don't even feel surprised,your just like 'wow nice idea.' 

The ending was a literal happy ending which I know I should be pleased about however it diverges greatly from reality, it was all too perfect which made it all too fictional had there been a few heart wrenching moments that would have been better. I know fans will like it, but even being a reader and not a critic by name I had minor issues with this. If a book makes me cry (might I say there has only been a few) that ultimately means I have made some attachment to it and I had no attachment with any of the characters or the situations posed and thats not a good thing in my eyes. 

Dude, I want to cry man, make me cry! It just seems I'm just too heartless or no ones getting me in the feels. Wah, so sad :(

There really is nothing more to say, unless I spoil the entirety of the book but I wouldn't be so cruel to do that! 

Happy reading! Well, waiting for most of you guys. MWAHAHAHA! No its really not funny. I HATE waiting! JUST COME OUT ALREADY AND END MY TORTURE

Firesword3000 (Noob Number One) 

No comments:

Post a Comment